Friday, December 30, 2011

Free Cab service to senior citizens in Delhi

Free Cab service to senior citizens in DElhi

New Delhi: Delhi is home to more than 7 lakhs senior citizens and just
to make life a little better for them, The Path, an NGO, has come up
with a noble idea to provide them a free cab service.

Buzurgon Ke Humsafar (old peoples' companion) provides a driver and a
vehicle free of cost to these elderly citizens.You just need to dial
9999-866-966 to avail of this service. This initiative has been
started by an NGO working for the senior citizens.
Director, The Path said, "Mujhe aisa lagta tha ki woh jahan rehte hain
wahan rehte huye unki life ko hum thoda better bana sakte hain (Where
ever they stay, we can make their life a little better)."
Senior citizens can also use the service if they want to have a day
out. The Path provides for a special cab on Saturdays for picnics.
That's not all – the organisation also has a provision for emergency
services. The initiative has been welcomed.One senior citizen says,
"Main paralysis ka patient hoon, jab bhi gaadi book karte hain mil
jati hai, usse bahut sahuliyat hoti hai (I am a paralytic, whenever I
book a vehicle, I get it, it very convenient)."
Another senior citizen says, "Mera accident hua tha, beta office jata
hai toh lekar nahin ja sakta tha hospital roz. Inhone badi madad ki (I
had an accident, my son goes to work and he can't take me to the
hospital everytime. The Path has been very helpful in this regard)."
The Buzurgon ke Humsafar has only 5 cars in their fleet for now but as
they move on with their journey, they hope to add many more to it.
==========
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ngo-to-provide-free-cabs-for-senior-citizens/84460-3.html

Dr P Vyasamoorthy, 30 Gruhalakshmi Colony Secunderabad 500015 Ph
040-27846631 / 9490804278.My blog:
http://vyasa-kaaranam-ketkadey.blogspot.com/
I have started a third blog:  http://seniorcitizensdiscounts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. You deserve Tons of Compliments.Great!I am bit worried about the area of funding,but I know and have faith that 'Achhe kam paise ki kami ki vajahse nahi rukenge.'I am a volunteer of India Against Corruption,Mumbai-Anna Hazare'.If you are convinced about Anna's idiology please get connected to IAC.,Delhi or write to me.I wish we could reach many sinior citizens through people like YOU.I also wish many people like you should extend such services to more people of our country.I am eager to meet you when I am in Delhi.Thanks,Lage Raho!God is with you.deciets of marketing must not get mixed up with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for positive comments.
    If you have any material to be distributed to senior citizens I can help to the extent possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cab service to senior citizens in Delhi it's good service so i like it


    Delhi to Chandigarh Taxi services

    ReplyDelete
  4. my parents are old...im always worried ven they need to go somvere.now i must call them,,and,,,,,,prayers for u my dear..but u dont get anythng 4 free..

    ReplyDelete